Saturday, September 15, 2012

Snippet #29


 “Why is romance the only love that matters to people? What about the friendships? Doesn’t that count? Does the feeling of a friendship so meaningful that you feel it deep inside of you and know that they are a part of you and you them, does that not count? What makes romance so fucking special? What makes romance better? It’s easier to replace a love interest than it is to replace a friend that understands you without words, that knows how to make you laugh when no one else can, that you can tell your secrets to and not be judged. I just don’t get it.”

1 comment:

  1. Hey, we totally had this conversation (less swearing) in my Creative Writing class. We were trying to define "love" because a character in the short we read said she felt love from/for a man who abused her (he killed himself after she left him) but her new husband kept trying to tell her that that wasn't love. I thought of this snippet as well as your Tumblr post about that god thing, where it sounded like abuse but it was from the Bible or something. Lol, look at me - making connections all over the place!

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...