Thursday, September 13, 2012

Snippet #24


            “Marek! Give me my sandwich back!” Sophie’s voice went up an octave.
            “Not until you ask for it in Czech!” Marek taunted.
Jonáš and I looked at each other across the dining table.
He cocked his head to the side, “Do you ever feel like you’re the parent to your own best friends?”
I had to laugh. “Really? YOU feel like a parent? I’m the parent. You’re the cool older brother.”
Sophie and Marek’s sandwich argument continued, with no acknowledgment of anyone else’s existence; the sandwich was all that mattered. Sophie started screaming louder, “If you don’t give me back my sandwich, I’ll cut off your right hand so you’ll have to awkwardly masturbate with your left hand and it won’t be nearly as satisfying!”
“YOU DEMON!” Marek threw the sandwich at Sophie. A look of pure horror crossed his face. He cradled his right hand with his left and held it close. 

1 comment:

  1. Lol no ice cream today, but I did choke on my bagel a little bit...

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...