“There’s
different types of strength, Miri. You have the strength to survive. To endure.
I have the strength that looks good until tested; it shines and burns out. It’s
flashy. I’m the supernova; you’re the candle in the window that never wavers.
Both have their place, neither better than the other. But don’t you dare think
that you’re weak just because you’re not like me.”
We sat
in silence for awhile.
“Actually,
if you ask me, I think you’re stronger than me. Supernovas don’t last that
long. They’re under pressure and burn bright, but then disappear; candles can
last days, months, years. I’m barely strong in moments when I need to be.
That’s the flash. But you, despite everything you’ve had to deal with, you
still get up every morning and live your life. If that’s not strength, I don’t
know what is.”
______________________________________________________
I don't know, this sounds a bit 'off' to me. Does it seem all right?
Does the same person as the first part speak the second part? I might clarify that a bit and I agree that it's a little "off" but I can't put my finger on how or why...I'll think on it and get back to you.
ReplyDeleteYes, the person who says the first part does say the second part. And yeah, I don't know why it sounds awkward.
ReplyDelete