Wednesday, February 11, 2015

lowercase noises -- 11 February 2015

i am a fish
constantly opening my mouth
soundless and struggling
and the words
they stick and trudge
from my mouth like molasses
the words don't come
i'm not even sure that
a word exists for what i'm trying to say
so i'll just kiss it into your skin
and hope that's enough

3 comments:

  1. As I was reading it I thought it was going to be depressing and sad but then the last two lines made it adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the last two lines. I spent the entire day with those two lines in my head trying to figure out how to create a poem around them.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...