Friday, February 20, 2015

Pillow-Talk -- 20 February 2015

Death sure is lively pillow-talk
Nose to nose under the covers
Whispering words of comfort and reassurance
Anything to make us feel bigger than we are
That our attempts at living aren't the futile efforts
Of an insignificant and dying species
Cold feet sparking the need to be even closer
Sharing heat in any way we can
Nothing is ever certain
I don't think we'll ever meet again
In this life or the next
Or any place in between
It is merely enough that I met you once
That we found each other in such a busy world
The universe is vast and open and explosively silent
We know so much and yet so little
The chances of meeting were so slim
And yet I saw you and you saw me
It was wonderful and joyous and warm
Like chasing fireflies in July

3 comments:

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...