Sailors used to tell stories
That a woman on board was bad luck
So go ahead and throw me overboard
As I drown my legs will entwine
Slowly becoming one
The salt will scrape at my lungs
Watery depths will lull me to sleep
And I'll know I'm home
And breathe again
I'll come back stronger
Pissed as hell
With a voice husky from betrayal
And strained from screaming
My siren call burdened with revenge
Beautiful and dangerous and tragic
Designed to lure only those
That want to make more like me
Never again will I be silenced
That a woman on board was bad luck
So go ahead and throw me overboard
As I drown my legs will entwine
Slowly becoming one
The salt will scrape at my lungs
Watery depths will lull me to sleep
And I'll know I'm home
And breathe again
I'll come back stronger
Pissed as hell
With a voice husky from betrayal
And strained from screaming
My siren call burdened with revenge
Beautiful and dangerous and tragic
Designed to lure only those
That want to make more like me
Never again will I be silenced
The imagery/idea of overboard women becoming the sirens that destroy sailors is awesome!! Me gusta :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think it's an interesting concept. If I had the time and energy, I think it would be a good book idea.
DeleteI like the imagery of salt scarping at lungs. that is such a great line.
ReplyDelete:)
Delete