The culture today makes me feel broken.
Everything is "Sex Sells"
When really it's all just objectification
Wrapped up in a nice porn package.
Our culture is overtly sexual:
Sexual attraction, sexual desire
With articles like "How to have better sex"
"How to sexually please your man [or woman]"
And "Spice up your sex life"
Sex has become both the commodity and the currency
I am rendered utterly incapable
Of expressing appreciation or recognition
Towards another person's beauty
Without sexual connotation.
Please bear with me as I try to bypass
The sexualization that is a product of our culture
And acknowledge sensual, romantic, and aesthetic attractions
As valid without needing sex.
I can find someone attractive without wanting sex.
I may say someone's hot
Only because our society has made it impossible
To enjoy beauty without expressing it in a sexual way
I'm doing my best given the circumstances.
Everything is "Sex Sells"
When really it's all just objectification
Wrapped up in a nice porn package.
Our culture is overtly sexual:
Sexual attraction, sexual desire
With articles like "How to have better sex"
"How to sexually please your man [or woman]"
And "Spice up your sex life"
Sex has become both the commodity and the currency
I am rendered utterly incapable
Of expressing appreciation or recognition
Towards another person's beauty
Without sexual connotation.
Please bear with me as I try to bypass
The sexualization that is a product of our culture
And acknowledge sensual, romantic, and aesthetic attractions
As valid without needing sex.
I can find someone attractive without wanting sex.
I may say someone's hot
Only because our society has made it impossible
To enjoy beauty without expressing it in a sexual way
I'm doing my best given the circumstances.
No comments:
Post a Comment