Thursday, August 16, 2012

Snippet #15


“I DIDN’T SIGN UP FOR THIS!” Jonáš screamed. His voice boomed in the small space. For a small man, he could sure project. Everyone wore shocked expressions. Sophie looked at me, her eyes huge.
Marek was the only one brave enough to ask what Jonáš didn’t sign up for. And by brave enough, I mean that he, Sophie and I had a silent eye conversation as to who would step up.
“I was born with choices, yes? Then why do I feel like I have to work my ass off in school for basically my entire childhood when I could’ve been out using my imagination and eating Play-Doh like the idiot child I was, only to then go to university where I work my ass off just to get a job that I know I won’t like? Huh? I DON’T SEE THE POINT!”
“Preach, my brother.” Sophie held her hands up in mock prayer. 

1 comment:

  1. AMEN to that!
    (and no, I don't feel that that's wrong at all lol)

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...