Seeing
my face, she felt the need to explain, “When I say you need to change, I don’t
mean anything by it. You don’t need to be fixed; you’re not broken. But, you will age. You will get
old. It’s your choice: Do you want laugh lines or frown lines? Personally, I
can’t wait for all the laugh lines I’ll have. It’ll say that I had fun, you
know? Your face is a road map to your life. When you’re old, what do you want
your face to say about you?”
“That
I’ve aged well.”
“I think
you’re missing the point.” Sophie smiled.
“Unfortunately,
that’s what we’re taught to believe. What does that say about us as a society?
That we’d rather be beautiful than have anything of value to share with the
world?” Visions of beautiful, thin blonde girls I could never be littered the
media in Tashkent; TV commercials, ads, billboards, magazines, movies.
Marek
snorted, “That’s because society can see better than it can think.”
No comments:
Post a Comment