Sunday, July 22, 2012

Snippet #2


“When people draw hearts, I just have to laugh. Do they actually know what they are drawing? Hearts don’t look like that. Hearts are clumps of blood and arteries and circulation and feeling and muscle. When I see a drawn heart, I see an abstract, pictorial penis and scrotum. Or like a top view of a guy’s butt and he just happens be have a boner at the same time. But what really gets me are all the young girls drawing them all over their notebooks or on their skin or posting the stupid less-than-three’s on the internet. And I just want to be like, ‘LOOK AT WHAT YOU’RE DRAWING! THAT IS NOT A HEART.’”
“Someday, Sophie, you need to learn when to keep things you think to yourself. I’ll never be able to look at a heart in the same way again. They’ve lost their innocence.”
She shrugged. “It had to happen someday.”
“What did?”
“Losing innocence. Relationships fail, hearts break, people get broken. Life doesn’t let anyone remain innocent, and that’s the real tragedy.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...