I want to swallow you whole
Encompass you in the folds of my stomach
Churning with the sweetmeats and sin
You dig deep and get under my skin
But it always seems to blister
I give you soft smiles and rough hands
I’ve never been careful with things that can
break
The effects of your hands on mine would be
devastating
I never saw love coming until it pulled me over
a cliff
And are there rocks at the bottom
Or is this just another example of “love hurts”?
I offer to you the pulse in my chest
And neck and wrists
The word love
is lodged in my throat
But every day it loosens until soon
My words pour out like honey, sweet and thick
But oh so slow
I love when you use plural pronouns
‘Us’ and ‘we’ and ‘our’
Please whisper promises into the crevices of my
collarbone
That I’m not sure we’ll be able to keep
I want to carve my poetry into your heart
So everyone can see you were loved
So everyone can see you were loved
No comments:
Post a Comment