You’re a fucking mess of a person
You keep your secrets in your collarbone
And no matter how many bruises I leave behind
I cannot suck them out of you
Your face is a WARNING sign that I’ve always ignored
I trace your cheekbones with my fingertips,
committing every curve to memory
And it burns
But I would take all the scars
All the blistered fingers for just a touch, just
a taste of you
Maybe I just want to see if I can hold the flame
Maybe I just want to punch you in the mouth with
my mouth
But regardless, my feelings, well
They don’t flee
The horrific part is that I’m comfortable enough
to call this love
But no matter how hard I try
I cannot love mental illness away
Love doesn’t fix everything, but God it helps.
Love doesn’t fix everything, but God it helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment