Meeting you is like having a dry mouth
It's uncomfortable and I know it's all my fault
That I've been lacking something
And you're the water that I never knew I needed.
Loving you is like being in a food coma
I know I'm overdoing it, but I'm so content
You are radiant and make me glow
I just want to sit around and think, "yes, this."
Missing you is like cutting your hair
And for weeks your hand stutters and falls
Because you remember something being there
But my hair will grow back and you'll still be gone.
You're the only person made of metaphors
And similes and other forms of literary comparison
You're the wildfire that tore through my world
And now even reading a book makes me ache.
It's uncomfortable and I know it's all my fault
That I've been lacking something
And you're the water that I never knew I needed.
Loving you is like being in a food coma
I know I'm overdoing it, but I'm so content
You are radiant and make me glow
I just want to sit around and think, "yes, this."
Missing you is like cutting your hair
And for weeks your hand stutters and falls
Because you remember something being there
But my hair will grow back and you'll still be gone.
You're the only person made of metaphors
And similes and other forms of literary comparison
You're the wildfire that tore through my world
And now even reading a book makes me ache.
What Manda said so I remember later:
ReplyDeleteLiked how I started each stanza with a literary comparison and then gave a nod to what I was doing at the end (you're the only person made of metaphors and similes and other forms of literary comparison)
Liked how I ended with another literary comparison (you're the wildfire)
I also like how these lines:
ReplyDelete"Missing you is like cutting your hair
And for weeks your hand stutters and falls
Because you remember something being there
But my hair will grow back and you'll still be gone."
get progressively longer, like hair growing back