Monday, June 3, 2013

You Can't Name All The Ways In Which You Love Her

You can’t name all the ways in which you love her:
You love her slow when she just rolls out of bed
You love her fast just like her road rage on the interstate
You love her red like her face when she yells all angry
You love her blue when she’s snotty and crying into the covers of your bed
You love her cold because it means her God awful sweaters
You love her hot like the tea she drinks every morning
You love her silly in every picture she takes
You love her serious, bent over textbooks and full of concentration
You love her faraway, lost somewhere in her head
You love her close because it means she’s yours
You just love her all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable Syd. I literally "awwww"d when I was done reading it. I can't name all the ways in which I love this.

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...