Thursday, June 13, 2013

Alzheimer's - 13 June 2013

The worst part about getting older isn’t the wrinkles
Or the sagging skin
Or the creaky knees
Or the funny old people smell.
And if I learned one thing,
It's that watching those you love slowly disintegrate
In front of your very eyes
Kills you so much faster than time itself does.
He's dying one memory at a time.
And I’m terrified for the moment when my face
Isn’t one he recognizes anymore.
The worst part about getting older is knowing that my worst fear is inevitable. 

2 comments:

  1. :( This one's sad and a bit scary to think about. My favorite lines are 9, 10 & 11.

    Side note, have we left the 'love poem' phase? Or are you all out of food at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the love poem phase is gone, or if my inspiration is gone.

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...