Thursday, February 18, 2016

People Aren't Homes - 18 February 2016


You said that your love was mine
So I built my home in you
Your ribs, like walls, were sturdy
Well-built, protective, and full
Your heart, like a hearth, glowed
And kept me warm and secure
Your eyes, like windows, painted pictures
Of what I thought I could have
Your voice, like belonging, sang songs
That made me feel like I finally found a place
Your arms were like coming home
They gave me a place to rest
But I now know why they say
That you shouldn’t build your home in a person
Because now it seems my house is burning down
Your hands tore everything apart
Brick by brick, bone by bone
Until all that was left was the rubble and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...