Monday, November 16, 2015

Shards -- 16 November 2015


Just because I see the stars in your eyes
And you glow like the sun
Doesn’t make the world revolve around you
Your voice may be melodic
And you look like the love child of the universe
I know that I can say lovely things
And I know how to turn a phrase
But never romanticize your lovers
It’s a long fall from the pedestal
And nothing hurts worse than the shards of your own poetry
Kissed into skin turn to broken promises in your mouth
These are the things I wish I learned sooner
Because if I did
I wouldn’t have shattered you
And left myself with scars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...