I can taste the distance in your kiss
And feel the discontent in your fingertips
Never thought love to be as fickle as the breeze
Seems like I have so much I don't know
You always said that I was spun sugar
Held together by questions and surgical tape
But before you always said it with a semblance of a smile
I was always afraid you'd leave me for something solid
Now I'm afraid you'll leave me for nothing at all
And feel the discontent in your fingertips
Never thought love to be as fickle as the breeze
Seems like I have so much I don't know
You always said that I was spun sugar
Held together by questions and surgical tape
But before you always said it with a semblance of a smile
I was always afraid you'd leave me for something solid
Now I'm afraid you'll leave me for nothing at all
No comments:
Post a Comment