When will I learn that some times
I can't magically make everything okay
And that filling in the cracks and spaces
Of others with myself
Just leaves us both empty
When will I stop looking for myself
In hearts that will never be home
I need to stop yearning to be held
By arms that can't contain all of me
I constantly need to remember
That I shouldn't lose myself
Just because I'm loving someone else too much
And making us both break
I need to work on loving just enough and no more
I can't magically make everything okay
And that filling in the cracks and spaces
Of others with myself
Just leaves us both empty
When will I stop looking for myself
In hearts that will never be home
I need to stop yearning to be held
By arms that can't contain all of me
I constantly need to remember
That I shouldn't lose myself
Just because I'm loving someone else too much
And making us both break
I need to work on loving just enough and no more
No comments:
Post a Comment