Thursday, April 16, 2015

Expensive Bruise -- 15 April 2015

All my observations may be sarcasm-based
But all you've ever been was an expensive bruise
We both still have so many things to learn
Like how to stop being so miserable all the time
For sharp tongues and biting words do not a relationship make
You know what to say to leave me reeling
And I know how to cut you to the quick
No one ever taught you how to compromise
No one taught me how to please
So we fight with words instead of fists
My pride will be the crime scene
Your mouth will be the smoking gun
The worst part is that I'll kiss away the smoke
And no one has to know what happens behind closed doors

2 comments:

  1. What Manda said so I remember later:

    Really likes the line "so we fight with words instead of fists"
    Thinks the "My pride will be the crime scene" is an interesting visual
    Is her second favorite of the newer poems

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So we fight with words instead of fists
    My pride will be the crime scene
    Your mouth will be the smoking gun"

    Is my absolute favorite part <3

    ReplyDelete

Microexpressions -- 7 February 2021

Maybe someday I'll be able to tell a story That doesn't have anything to do with me Or you But how can I ignore Your mouth full of e...